1. Slice your red onion with the grain and set aside.
2. Combine your hot red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and peppercorns. Stir and pour this mixture over your onions, making sure they’re submerged. Leave to stand for a minimum of 10 minutes or refrigerate until ready to use.
3. For the toum, slice the garlic cloves in half and remove the germ from the centre. Rough chop and place into jar.
4. Add your salt, lemon juice, ice cold water and oil to the jar. Blend from the bottom up. Be sure to blend at the bottom for 10-15 seconds before working your way up slowly. Once done, refrigerate until ready to use.
5. On a med-high heat, add your oil to the pan. Add your Vivera Shawarma and shawarma spice to the pan. Cook for 4 mins, moving around every now and then.
6. Once your shawarma is cooked, remove from the heat and toast your pitta in the juices. Then assemble with toum, lettuce, Vivera Shawarma, tomatoes, onions and pomegranate.
7. Finally, fold and top with more sauce – then you’re done.