Tex Mex Tacos
1 tbsp olive oil
160g pack Vivera Tex Mex strips
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground coriander
4 hard shell tacos
1 baby gem lettuce, shredded
½ red onion, finely sliced
Juice of 1 lime
100g vegan sour cream or yoghurt
Small bunch of chives, chopped
Tomato salsa (optional):
2 regular tomatoes
½ red onion, finely chopped
Small handful coriander, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice
Salt and pepper
What to do
1. Add the finely sliced red onion to a bowl and mix with the lime juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside to soften for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This can also be done well in advance – they will keep well in the fridge for a few days.
2. Meanwhile add the chopped chives and vegan sour cream to a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
3. When ready to eat, heat the oil in a pan. Add the Vivera Tex Mex strips and fry on a medium-high heat, until started to brown. Sprinkle in the spices and mix well. Cook for 2 more minutes then remove from the heat.
4. Add the shredded lettuce and tomato salsa to each taco shell. Top with the cooked Tex Mex strips, pink pickled onions and blobs of sour cream and chive.
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, and season to taste.