Spicy Red Cabbage Stew with Vivera Smoked Sausage
- ½ red cabbage, in thin strips
- 1 can of pineapple in juice
- 800 grams crumbly potatoes, peeled and in equal pieces
- 1 onion, in strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sambal badjak
- 1 large handful of coriander
- 1 packet of Vivera Smoked sausage
- Salt, pepper and olive oil
Bring the red cabbage to the boil in a pan with plenty of water and the juice from the can of pineapple. Cook the red cabbage for at least 25 minutes.
Cook the potatoes in a little salted water for 20 minutes.
Cut the pineapple slices into pieces. Fry in some oil with the onion and garlic in five minutes until golden brown.
Drain the potatoes and let them steam a little. Mash them into a smooth puree with the coconut milk and sambal.
Drain the red cabbage and if necessary rinse a little with hot water. Mix with the fried onion, garlic and pineapple through the mash. Season with salt and pepper.
Briefly fry the Vivera smoked sausage in some oil, so that it is warm. Cut into slices.
Spoon the stew onto plates and divide the smoked sausage over it. Sprinkle with some black pepper and garnish with the coriander.